At Cayton Village Caravan Park, we aim to provide a high quality service for our visitors. At the same time, however, we work towards minimising the impact our business has on the environment.
We plan to do this by:-
- Promoting environmental awareness among our employees and encourage them to work in an environmentally responsible manner.
- Promoting the efficient use of materials and resources throughout the Park, including water, gas, electricity and raw materials.
- Avoiding the use of unnecessary hazardous materials and products.
- Reducing waste through re-using and recycling products wherever possible.
- Encouraging our visitors to recycle and reduce waste.
- Encouraging our visitors to use public transport, cycle or walk when exploring the local area.
- Developing wildlife areas on the Park which will encourage our visitors to become more aware of conservation issues.
- We are proud to have been awarded the David Bellamy Gold Award for the last 12 years and take advice from them, we received some lovely comments from David Bellamy. To help with our continued commitment to conservation David Bellamy asks visitors to get in touch to let him know what you have seen on our park, click here to send him a message. The Scarborough Naturalist Society recently visited and gave tips for improvement. We have also recently been in touch with The Carrs Wetland Project who have been down and are given us ideas and feedback for future plans.
- We are delighted to have been presented with a Discretionary Yorkshire Rose Award for Conservation and Wildlife 2013 by Yorkshire in Bloom.